The national awareness campaign that sees sporting football fields across Australia turn purple for pancreatic cancer returns bigger and better than ever in 2021 and will run on the weekends of June 12/13 and 19/20.
#PlayinPurple is now in its seventh year and continues to grow across Australia, being embraced by football players, ages and geographies, all playing passionately in purple socks on one weekend of their local season to raise critical awareness for pancreatic cancer.
Last year the campaign grew to a see participation reach 8000 players including an ever-increasing level of participation from NSW clubs, associations and partners embracing the initiative state wide.
“This is an important awareness-raising initiative and the spirit of sportsmanship is wonderful as local football fields become awash with purple socks,” said Sutherland Shire FA General Manager Jeff Stewart.
“I encourage each and everyone of our associations across NSW to participate in this.”
The #PlayinPurple 2021 campaign will again be supported by Football NSW and A-League Club Sydney FC as well as key associations who will be sharing key campaign messages and encouraging participation.
Last year Sydney FC kindly provided high participating clubs free match day tickets to games, and will again support the campaign this year.
Key information for the 2021 campaign:
- #PlayinPurple 2020 runs on two weekends of June 12/13 &/19 20 (clubs choose their round to play in purple socks)
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend!
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- A brand new purple #PlayinPurple sock design will be unveiled this year
- A #PlayinPurple participation pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer @PanKindFoundation
- Clubs and associations are able to make a direct donation to PanKind.
- More information will be shared and the online shop for orders from early
Follow our social media channels and visit our website to make sure you are updated with key dates and information:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries about the 2021 campaign.