The Minister for Sport, Multiculturalism, Seniors and Veterans, The Hon. Natalie Ward officially opened the Local Sport Grant Program for 2021 on the October 12 for local community sporting clubs across NSW.
The Local Sport Grant Program aims to support grassroots sporting clubs to increase participation opportunities, host local events, improve access, and enhance sport and recreation facilities in their local communities.
The key objectives of the Program align to the Office of Sport Strategic Plan with the specific objectives to:
- Increase regular and on-going participation in sport
- Increase participation and access for women, girls and population groups under-represented in participation including, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders (ATSI)
- Address barriers to participation in sport or structured physical activity
- Assist sport clubs to provide quality service to their members and meet community needs.
Applications must clearly demonstrate an identified need for the project and articulate how the project outcomes will be achieved. Specifically, applications should demonstrate how the project will address at least one of the above objectives.
The NSW Government has allocated up to $4,650,000 in 2021/22 for this Program.
Funding of $50,000 per electorate will be allocated to all 93 electorates throughout NSW
Funds from under-subscribed electorates will be made available to over-subscribed electorates
Applicant must identify their ‘home ground’ address to ensure the application is assessed in the correct electorate e.g., your training ground
The maximum requested amounts available are:
- Sport Development: $2,000
- Sport Event: $5,000
- Sport Access: $5,000
- Sport Facility: $15,000
The minimum requested amount available is $500 for all project types. The amount organisations request should reflect the scale of the project/s.
For further information and details on the Local Sport Grant Program please see the website and read the guidelines for the program.
Importantly, applications close on Friday, 19 November 2021 at 1pm.
Please don’t be caught out with the grant closing time of 1pm.