The NSW Office of Sport is hosting an online forum on Wednesday 23 February on Inclusive Facility Design and Innovation.
Sport belongs to everyone but not everyone is able to access sports venues and not everyone feels welcome and safe.
The Office of Sport is conducting a series of online forums to explore how to create welcoming, inclusive environments that consider the full range of human diversity: ability, language, culture, gender, age, and other difference.
The first of these online forums will be on Inclusive Facility Design and Innovation.
Design principles are now becoming a key ingredient of most Office of Sport grant applications.
Inclusive, accessible, and universally designed is one of the many design principles in most Office of Sport grant guidelines.
This webinar will provide clubs and associations with some knowledge on inclusive and accessible designs when applying for infrastructure funding.
- Susannah Le Bron CEO, Y NSW
- Kylie Legge Founder & CEO, Place Score
- Designing with Country, Government Architect New South Wales, Speaker to be confirmed
- Why Connecting with Country is important and how to Design with Country
- How you measure community value and how to maximise shared value
- What is involved in finding the heart of every community?
- How to use collaboration for creative, efficient patterns of use
Details on the forum are as follows:
Date: Wednesday 23 February 2022
Time: 11am to 12:30pm
Register: Click here to register
The NSW Office of Sport will host additional online forums over the coming months, they include:
FORUM 2: Design Thinking: 11am– 12:30pm Wednesday 23 March 2022
FORUM 3: Designing with Purpose: 11am– 12:30pm Wednesday 27 April 2022
FORUM 4: Design Innovation: 11am– 12:30pm Wednesday 25 May 2022
All forums will be recorded and published on this webpage.