|LATEST PLAYFOOTBALL NEWS FOR CLUBS|
|June 18, 2019:
[ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHER #2] The NSW Office of Sport have announced the availability of a second Active Kids Voucher that will be made available to parents on July 1st, 2019.
The voucher can be used for a second sporting activity in this calendar year- such as Summer football, Futsal, or any 8 week development program.
The Playfootball system will be able to verify Active Kids Vouchers so clubs are encouraged to check their Service NSW accounts for up-to-date Bank Account Details where voucher funds will be reimbursed.
How long are vouchers valid?
- Both Vouchers shall expire at the end of the calendar year, December 31, 2019
- 2019 vouchers and beyond will commence from 1 January each year and expire on the 31 December.
- Vouchers are available for redemption once only for the nominated registered season or term of activity.
When will providers be reimbursed the value of the vouchers?
- Providers will be reimbursed within 28 days following commencement of the program.
- From 1 March 2018, reimbursement to providers should occur within seven days of the redemption of vouchers, either through the provider’s Active Kids - Service NSW account or through a recognised registration platform, approved by the Office of Sport.
- Please note that providers will be reimbursed the actual value of the activity up to $100 and do not automatically receive $100 for each voucher.
Can providers increase prices or fees?
- Providers cannot raise their fees above a reasonable level (i.e. pricing of participation shall not be increased directly as a result of the registration of a provider in Active Kids).
- Providers can not apply differential pricing for voucher holders vs non-voucher holders.
- Providers (including sports clubs) shall be subject to audit. Those providers found to have unreasonably increased their fees, or engaged in differential pricing, may be deregistered as an Active Kids provider.
Eligible Activities Defined by the OOS:
- Physical activity must be planned, structured and involve repetitive bodily movement which improves or maintains physical fitness.
- Physical activity programs must be at least eight weeks in duration.
- Activities for children with disability that may not otherwise meet the above criteria should be discussed with the Office of Sport. Email [email protected]
Ineligible activities are:
- programs that are less than eight weeks’ duration
- gym membership that is not part of a structured program
- activities that are part of the school curriculum or conducted during school hours
- after-school care services and tutors
- school-run competitions, including weekend and inter-school sport competitions or activities.
Costs that are excluded are:
- individual items such as jerseys, socks, boots, clothing or equipment that would usually be purchased from a retailer and paid for by the individual as part of participating in the activity separate to any membership or registration fees charged by the provider
- travel to and from competitions
PLAYFOOTBALL SUPPORT – Two helpdesks available to Clubs and Participants
FFA PlayFootball Support Desk operates Monday- Friday 10am-5pm
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 02 8880 7983
Football NSW Online Support team operates Monday – Friday 9am-5pm and after hours via email
Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 02 8814 4450
Resources for Clubs & Associations
FFA Support Guides can be found at here.