COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
On Friday 12 June, NSW Government released its COVID-19 Safety Plan Template for Community Sporting Organisations.
We have been advised, some Councils and Local Government Agencies (LGA) may require this to be completed and submitted prior to allowing ground hirers to return to competitive football, while for other authorities the submission of the Football NSW Return to Play Guidelines and other related resources will suffice.
To assist our Clubs and their volunteers, we have prepared the COVID-19 Safety Plan Template for you to consider and amend as you see fit, but subject to the qualifications set out below.
1. The document is in Microsoft Word format and so it can be edited.
2. The document is provided in the exact format and design of the NSW Government’s Template. For simplicity, and efficient review it is advised you do not change this format.
3. Complete the section at the start identifying yourself and the nominated person who is responsible for this document and its compliance (e.g. Club President, Manager, Club Secretary). For those Councils who required a COVID-19 Officer be appointed, this should be their details. You may also like to insert your entity’s logo.
4. The Pages/Sections and Requirements in the left-hand column of the document are from the NSW Government’s template – these must not be changed, deleted or amended.
5. The text on the right-hand side (the Actions) are what the you need to insert/complete and what you are committing to. The current text provided is from the Football NSW Return to Play Guidelines and is in line with NSW Government guidelines and best practice.
6. You must read, consider, understand and, where appropriate, agree to what is written in this document and amend the right-hand column only.
7. You should amend to localise the content reflecting specific information to your Association/Club and facilities/venue, but subject to point 4 above.
8. Clearly, anything that makes the content stronger and more rigorous is supported, however Associations/Clubs should be aware that deletion of any text or dilution of actions MAY RESULT IN THE PLAN NOT BEING APPROVED OR ACCEPTED BY THE RELEVANT COUNCIL OR LGA. The Association/Club needs to be satisfied with what is written is truthful and agree to implement the actions for the foreseeable future.
9. As stated above, this document is provided as a Template to assist Associations/Clubs if it is required.