All clubs, associations and referee branches are required to have a Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO). This position is usually a voluntary position.
An MPIO is the first point of contact for persons with member protection or child protection enquiries or complaints. MPIOs provide information to participants about the options available to them. MPIOs can also provide information to clubs about member protection and related policies. MPIO’s remain impartial and do not mediate or investigate complaints. There is an MPIO in every club, association, branch, referee branch within Football NSW and a State MPIO at Football NSW Head Office.
For contact and insurance purposes MPIOs need to register in My Football Club.
For communication purposes please register in the Football NSW MPIO register.
MPIO Training Courses
- MPIO Training course (PBTR on-line & workshop)
- Child Protection course (PBTR on-line)
- Harassment & Discrimination (PBTR on-line)
- Complaints Handling (PBTR on-line)
- Child Safe Training Courses (NSW OCG on-line)
- Becoming a Child Safe Organisation (NSW OCG on-line)
- FFA National Member Protection Policy
- Guidelines for Working with Children
- MPIO Online Training
- MPIO Common Issues
- Child Safe training courses
Working with Children Check
It is important that all MPIOs have a good understanding of the Working with Children Check requirements.
- FNSW Working with Children Check Policy (2018)
- FNSW Working with Children Check information & resources
MPIO Contact Details
All participants need to be able to contact the MPIO at their club and/or association. The name and phone number of the MPIO (of a club/association/referee branch) must be made available without question to any person requesting it. The MPIO’s name and contact details should be listed on the organisation’s website and included in club Newsletters and player and parent notices.
Club MPIOs – please contact the MPIO at your local Football Association
FNSW assistance contact Michelle Hanley, Football NSW State Member Protection Officer
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P: (02) 8814 4402