Risk management is the course of action your club takes to reduce the likelihood of damage to person or property and to reduce potential legal liability. It seeks to identify and address potential problems before they occur. Risk management aims to be pro-active rather than reactive – creating a safer environment and legally safer operational procedures.
A common mistake clubs make is to view risk management as a one-off. It is really an ongoing process that should be applied to all your club’s policies, procedures and practices.
- FNSW Insurer Risk Management Information
- An introduction to Risk Management
- Risk Management Club Help
- Risk Management Toolkit for Not-for-profit organisations
- A Sporting Clubs Guide to a Safe Workplace
- FNSW Risk Management Policy