Forty NSW teams have found out their FFA Cup fate as round 5 of the prestigious draw was announced on Friday at Football NSW’s headquarters.
Led by Football NSW CEO Stuart Hodge as well as Local FC and former Sydney United and Marconi Stallions star Chad Gibson, the duo had the task of drawing out each of the forty teams schedules with matches set to take shape either on the 2nd and 9th of May.
As many as thirteen Football NSW Association clubs from across the state including four Football South Coast Association teams (Albion Park White Eagles, Tarrawanna Blueys SC, Bulli FC, Wollongong Olympic), three Central Coast Football Association teams (Terrigal United, Berkeley Vale SC, Killarney District SC) as well as sole representatives from the Eastern Suburbs (Maroubra United), Gladesville-Hornsby (Gladesville Ravens), Sutherland Shire (Kirrawee Kangaroos FC), Manly (Belrose Terrey Hills Raiders SC), Football Wagga Wagga (Henwood Park FC) and Shoalhaven Association (Bomaderry SC) are all still in contention of a place in round 6 of the Preliminary round draw.
A few exciting clashes have been announced with two all NPL NSW Men’s affairs taking shape, one at Seymour Shaw as the Sutherland Sharks take on Hakoah Sydney City East while at Cromer Park a massive encounter will feature 2017 Champions Manly United tackle red-hot Blacktown City who in recent seasons, have had fantastic runs in the FFA Cup Round of 32 and beyond.
It will be a tough task but Football Wagga Wagga’s Henwood Park FC will travel to Edensor Park where they will face NPL NSW Men’s outfit Sydney United 58 while Gladesville-Hornsby FA’s Gladesville Ravens will travel to Sydney West where they will battle NPL NSW Men’s side Marconi Stallions.
An all association affair will however dominate the headlines as Shoalhaven’s Bomaderry SC will host Central Coast Football’s Killarney District SC while giantkillers Kirrawee Kangaroos from the Sutherland Shire FA who recently knocked out State League Men’s side Nepean FC, will hope they can inflict the same pain on the Balmain Tigers FC.
Round 5 Preliminary Round Fixtures
- Northern Tigers v Bonnyrigg White Eagles
- Gladesville Ryde Magic v Dunbar Rovers
- Bomaderry SC v Killarney District
- Hills United v Bth Raiders
- Balmian Tigers FC v Kirawee Kangaroos
- Terrigal United v Sydney Olympic
- Hawkesbury City v Berkeley Vale
- SD Raiders v Albion Park
- Wollongong Olympic v APIA Leichhardt Tigers
- Tarra wanna Blueys v UNSW
- Sydney United 58 v Henwood Park
- Wollongong Wolves v GHFA Spirit FC
- Manly United v Blacktown City
- Mounties Wanderers v FC Gazy Auburn
- Hurstville City Minotaurs v Central Coast United
- Rockdale City Suns v Bankstown United
- Sutherland Sharks v Hakoah Sydney City East
- Maroubra United v St George FA
- Bulli FC v St George FC
- Marconi Stallions v Gladesville Ravens