This information relates to the closure of three schools in Sydney’s South West today due to students there testing positive to COVID-19.
Those schools are:
- Freeman Catholic College – Bonnyrigg;
- Mary Immaculate Catholic Primary School – Bossley Park; and
- Cerdon Secondary College – Merrylands.
Football NSW has spoken to representatives from NSW Health regarding players who attend those schools and has been advised as follows:
- Students who attend the above schools must self-isolate as a precaution until contact tracing can be undertaken by NSW Health
- any players who attend the above schools are not permitted to participate in football until they are no longer required by NSW Health to self isolate
- Any students who DO NOT attend the above schools can continue to participate in sport as usual
- any players who do not attend the above schools are permitted to participate in football as usual;
- the teams that players who attend the above schools usually play in can continue to participate in football as usual, minus any players who attend the above schools; and
- at this stage, NSW Health is not requiring the team mates of players who attend the above schools to self-isolate.
Football NSW will continue to provide updates at www.footballnsw.com.au/covid-19-information/
For further information visit the NSW Health website or phone the Service NSW 24 hour helpline on 13 77 88.