Children thrive in communities that are friendly and connected and Football plays a crucial role in building community and creating positive experiences for children.
National Child Protection Week is organised by NAPCAN and runs from 5 – 11 September 2021.
The 2021 theme for National Child Protection Week is all about the importance of the ‘bigger picture’ in addressing child abuse and neglect.
Children can thrive and be healthy when they have what they need to develop well.
But not every family has these resources.
This is why we need to support every child, family and community according to their needs.
This will create a healthier, fairer Australia for all children.
A lot of great research is helping us understand more and more about what children need to thrive.
Child Protection Week 2021 will be an opportunity to translate this knowledge into action. All skillsets, all people, and all communities are assets in this important endeavor.
Let’s make sure our neighborhoods have strong foundations for families and children – jobs, safe places, libraries, parks, playgrounds, schools, childcare, affordable housing, health services, social activities, clubs, friendly neighbors, businesses and more.
Many of you are already playing your part every day – as individuals, as community members, as volunteers and as workers – to help create these great communities for children.
- Child Protection Week webinars – Click here to Book Now
- Child Safe Organisation workshops – Click here Book Now
- Parent Brochures – https://www.napcan.org.au/napcan-brochures/
- Posters and Tip Sheets – https://www.napcan.org.au/posters-and-tip-sheets/
- How Sport Clubs Play their Part – https://www.napcan.org.au/tips-for-playing-your-part/#1565069062205-860b4323-e588
- Get your Club involved in National Child Protection Week – https://www.napcan.org.au/get-involved-2021/