On Wednesday, 15 December 2021 an updated Public Health Order (PHO) came into effect easing a wide range of restrictions with respect of:
- Density limits
- Proof of vaccination
- QR check in
- Use of face masks
It is not the intent of Football NSW to dictate what steps Associations, Clubs or Centres should take and these entities should determine what is most appropriate for their particular circumstances, taking into account the well-being of their participants, volunteers and staff.
Some Associations, Clubs or Centres may choose to apply stricter requirements on their participants than those required under the PHO. For example, a Futsal Centre may choose to require attendees to be fully vaccinated and to provide vaccination evidence. The Futsal Centre is entitled to implement this requirement and participants are free to choose not to show vaccination evidence – however, the Futsal Centre is entitled to refuse them entry.
Below is a summary of the latest changes.
Sport and Exercise
Anyone can now participate in sport and exercise.
- People are no longer required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence.
- COVID-19 Safe Check-in is only required at gyms (but not at dance, yoga, pilates, gymnastics or martial art studios).
- Face masks are not required.
- Density limits no longer apply.
- COVID Safety Plans are no longer required.
Outdoor recreation facilities
Density limits and vaccination status no longer apply for outdoor gatherings.
Community sports, including matches, competitions and training, can take place for all participants regardless of vaccination status.
Indoor recreation facilities (e.g. Futsal)
Indoor recreation facilities can now operate with no person or capacity limits in place.
- Football NSW insurances only apply to sanctioned football activities while those activities and while participants are compliant with the PHOs.
- Participants who are injured while participating during a sanctioned football activity are covered by the Football NSW personal injury insurance for injuries sustained as a result of football participation (subject to policy terms and conditions), however, claims related to COVID-19 are an exclusion under our policies.
The above guidelines commence from Thursday, 16 December 2021. Football NSW will issue a further update following any changes to PHOs.
Football NSW’s latest COVID-19 updates and resources can be found on the Football NSW COVID-19 information page.
16 December 2021