The national awareness campaign that sees football fields across Australia turned purple for pancreatic cancer and supported by grassroots football clubs and associations, will return on the weekends of June 18/19 and 25/26.
#PlayinPurple is now in its 8th year and continues to grow across Australia, being embraced by football players from all codes, ages and geographies, all playing passionately in purple socks on one weekend of the local season to raise critical awareness for pancreatic cancer, a disease with a survival rate of just 11.5%.
Last year the campaign doubled in participation to see almost 14,000 players from almost 100 clubs including an ever-increasing level of participation from NSW clubs, associations and A-League partners embracing the initiative and creating wonderful connections between football and their communities for an important cause.
Stuart Hodge, CEO of Football NSW said, “Football NSW is delighted to once again support this important campaign which grows from strength to strength each year. Participating in #PlayinPurple is a simple way for our grassroots community to unite and support an important national cause. Players of all ages are clearly excited to get involved, have fun and pull on the purple socks once a season. We hope clubs and associations across NSW will embrace the campaign on one weekend this June”.
PanKind CEO, Michelle Stewart, is delighted for players of all ages pull on their purple socks to play in purple for pancreatic cancer in 2022 saying “awareness on this scale is exactly what we need to help shine a light on this disease and this campaign is a wonderful opportunity to increase engagement between clubs, players and the community, all participating for a very important cause – pancreatic cancer awareness. We cannot thank clubs, associations and our A-League partners, Sydney FC and Perth Glory enough for their ongoing support”.
The #PlayinPurple 2022 campaign will again be supported by Football NSW, Football West, Capital Football and A-League clubs Sydney FC and Perth Glory as well as key associations who will be sharing key campaign messages and encouraging participation for this important cause.
Key information for the 2022 campaign:
- #PlayinPurple 2022 runs on two weekends of June 18/19 & 25/26 (clubs choose their round to play in purple socks) July 2/3 is also available as a third option for clubs.
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend in June!
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- The campaign is live, socks are available on the online store: https://fcw.com.au/shop-product/pankind-foundation-socks/
- Players can also wear their 2021 purple socks and simply make a donation https://playinpurple-2022.raisely.com/
- A #PlayinPurple Participation Pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer @PanKindFoundation
- Socks are delivered Australia wide in time for #PlayinPurple weekends in June
Follow our social media channels and visit our website to make sure you are
updated with key dates and information:
Find out more about the campaign here: https://pankind.org.au/take-action/playinpurple/
Follow us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/PanKindFoundation
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support or enquiries about the 2022 campaign
Donations can be made on this page: https://playinpurple-2022.raisely.com/
PanKind, The Australian Pancreatic Cancer Foundation is exclusively dedicated to pancreatic cancer with a mission to triple the survival rate by 2030 and dramatically increase the quality of life for patients and their families. We aim to achieve this through a strategic focus on raising awareness, collaboration to increase progress and investing in ground-breaking medical research.