NAIDOC Cup is for players turning 14, 15 or 16 years of age by 31st December 2022.
Football NSW (FNSW) is pleased to announce the launch of NAIDOC Cup! In partnership with Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) NAIDOC Cup will be held during NAIDOC Week on Wednesday 6th of July.
NAIDOC Cup will see representative Indigenous football teams from each Member Federation compete in matches played at NNSWF Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility.
FNSW will assess Expressions of Interest and be in contact with players in due course and conduct trials for selection if deemed necessary. FNSW and NNSWF will each select a female and male squad consisting of 16 players.
One of NAIDOC Cup’s aims is to identify new Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander talent and create an opportunity for further development. Due to this we discourage TSP and A-League academy players from entering an EOI.
- 6 May – Expression of Interests Open
- 13 May – Expression of Interests Closes (Coaches)
- 6 July – Tournament
To be eligible for the FNSW NAIDOC Cup team you must:
– Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
– Be born in 2006/2007/2008
– Be a registered football player within the national PlayFootball registration system to a FNSW affiliated club
– Provide a Club Letter of Support