In the lead-up to the recently sold out Westfield Matildas vs Brazil match held at Pepper Stadium, Football NSW hosted the very successful Women in Football Forum at Valentine Sports Park.
Over 160 attendees experienced a number of interesting presentations, Q&A’s and panels that firmly focused on the rapidly growing female game across Australia.
All presentations were filmed on the day and are now available on Football NSW’s official YouTube channel.
These presentations can be used for educational purposes and present new ideas on how to grow the women’s game from a grassroots level as well as nationally.
Special guest speakers included FIFA representative Honey Thalijieh, FFA CEO David Gallop, Westfield Matildas Coach Alen Stajic and former Westfield Matilda Kathryn Gill.
- Emma Highwood – Becoming the Leading Organisation for Women in Sport
- Alen Stajic – The Road to Number One.
- Mark Falvo & Jane Fernandez – Target 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup Bid
- Stu Williams – Social Media Growth in Australians Women’s Sport
- Q&A with Former Westfield Matildas
- David Gallop, Emma Highwood & Luke Bould – Driving Football towards Gender Equality
- Christine Yates, Mayor John Thain & Dr Keith Parry – Partnerships to grow the Women’s Game
- Honey Thaljieh – Empowering Women through Football
- Chris Nunn – Global Trends in Women’s Sport and how Australia Stacks up.
- John Tsatsimas, Danny Townsend, Peter Hugg, Mark Falvo & Greg O’Rourke – Male Champions of Change
- Kathryn Gill – Re-imagining Elite Women’s Football