Football NSW is pleased to announce the latest in its ‘Capability Building’ activities with the conduct of an inaugural Football Medicine Conference at Valentine Sports Park to be held on Sunday 19th of November.
Developed and overseen by Football NSW Chief Medical Officer Dr Corey Cunningham and Wollongong Wolves Team Physiotherapist Matt Whalan, the workshop is aimed at doctors, physiotherapists, sports trainers, technical directors and coaches working in the National Premier Leagues, State League and semi-professional competitions.
Other presenters include well respected medical staff and physiotherapists, FFA medical staff and University researchers – all experienced in football.
A full program will be provided shortly.
Topics being discussed on the day include:
- Player Welfare and the Role of the Coach
- Injuries in Football and Injury Prevention Strategies
- Load monitoring and Sports Science in Football
- Concussion in Football
- Collapse, Cardiac and how to use a defibrillator
- Creating a high-performance culture at your club