The 2018 National Indigenous Football Championships will be kicking off for the third successive year in South Nowra’s Sporting Complex this Thursday as the annual tournament supported by Football NSW and run by Wreck Bay Sharks FC prepares for yet another record breaking event with schedules also released.
The drug and alcohol-free event will feature an Open Men and Women’s competition as well as kids five-a-side matches, Football NSW and Wollongong Wolves FC clinics, a special celebrity match along with former Socceroo Jade North’s “Kickin with a Cuz” activation alongside Luke Wilkshire as well as FFA CEO David Gallop attending the event.
The unique three-day tournament run the in the Shoalhaven District Football Association has already exceeded the number of teams for 2018 enforcing the message that this is one of the premier Indigenous football events of the year attracting interest from the ACT, Northern NSW, Northern Territory and NSW – this on top of an U14’s competition added for the Championship.
Wednesday 31st October
- 10:00am – 2:00pm: ALDI MiniRoos Schools Clinic (run by FNSW).
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm: Welcome to Country Ceremony.
- 7:30pm – 9:30pm: ALDI MiniRoos Coaching Course/Capability building session.
Thursday 1st November
- 8:30am – 5:30pm: Competition games for Mens and Womens teams.
- 8:30pm – 9:30pm: ALDI MiniRoos Coaching Course/Capability building session.
Friday 2nd November
- 8:30am – 2:30pm: Competition matches for Mens, Womens and U14 Boys and Girls.
- 10:00am – 2:00pm: Jade North & Wollongong Wolves FC Indigenous MiniRoos Clinic.
- 4:30pm – 6:30pm: Quarter finals for Mens and Womens teams.
Saturday 3rd November
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Semi Finals for Mens and Womens teams.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Womens Grand Final.
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Holcim Celebrity Match.
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Mens Grand Final.
*Follow the National Indigenous official Facebook page for updates (www.facebook.com/nationalindigenousfootball) and for any other information, please contact Charlotte Ercil on [email protected]