Get involved today with a Local Sport Grant Program currently available and eligible to Not-for-Profit Sporting & Recreation clubs.
Aimed at increasing regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation in NSW, click below to find out more on how your club can gain a much-needed grant in what have been unprecedented times due to COVID-19.
Cash grant G07111
Sport & Recreation
Amount: $250 to $20,000
Total pool: $4,650,000
- Opened 31-Aug-2020 – Closes 07-Oct-2020 5pm
- Closed 25-Nov-2019
The Local Sport Grant Program aims to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in sport and active recreation in NSW.
Through this program the Office of Sport are working towards their goals to achieve:
- Participation: Everyone in NSW participating in Sport and recreation throughout their life.
- Places and Spaces: Everyone in NSW having access to places and spaces for sport and active recreation.
- Sustainability: The sector continues to grow sport and active recreation across NSW.
Applications should demonstrate how the project will address at least one of these objectives:
- Increase regular and on-going participation in sport
- Increase participation and access for women, girls or population groups with low rates of participation
- Address barriers to participation in sport or structured physical activity
- Assist sport clubs to provide quality service to their members and meet community needs.
- Funding available for this Program is up to $4,650,000
- Funding of $50,000 will be allocated to all 93 electorates throughout NSW
- Any remaining funds from undersubscribed electorates will be made available to over-subscribed electorates
- Applicant must identify the electorate where their ‘home ground’ is situated as well as the GEO code of the location e.g. your training ground
Approved funding for projects that are declined, withdrawn or are unable to go ahead will be re-allocated to the next ranked project(s) in the same electorate.
The maximum requested amounts available are:
- Sport Development: $2,000
- Sport Event: $5,000
- Sport Access: $5,000
- Sport Facility $15,000
The minimum requested amount available is $500 for all project types.
The maximum available to any one organisation under this round of the Local Sport Grant Program is $20,000 in a financial year. The amount organisations request should reflect the scale of the project/s.
To be eligible for this grant program, the applicants must be an:
- Incorporated, not-for-profit grassroots ‘sport club’
- Applications from Licenced Sporting Clubs may be considered providing the project directly benefits the sport, not the administration processes of the licenced club or upgrades of the licenced premises
- Applications may be considered from Sport Clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are a not for profit club incorporated in their own right.
Applicants that are not eligible include:
- Individuals, groups of individuals and unincorporated organisations
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations that are not a Sport associated with the list of sports at Appendix B in the guidelines document
- Clubs whose activities are considered to be of a recreational nature e.g. Remote/ Radio controlled activities, fishing
- Sporting Zones or Sporting Groups that are not based at a specific Location within an electorate
- Individual Sporting Competitions
- State Sporting Organisations and State Sporting Organisations for People with a Disability
- National Sporting Organisations
- Regional Academies of Sport
- For profit, commercial organisations
- Organisations Limited by Shares
- Government departments and agencies
- Educational institutions including schools and their P & Cs, Universities, TAFE, Colleges and child care centres
- Local Government Authorities operating under the Local Government Act, 1993
- Local Government Committees
- Organisations that are the responsibility of another Minister’s portfolio
- PCYC’s/YMCA/Scouts/Gyms/Surf Life Saving
Applications / Guidelines
Application methods: Online
- Email: [email protected]