Football NSW has announced the eleven new up and coming faces that will feature in the 2022 Referees Academy following an extensive trial process that saw over 100 nominations from across the state vie for a coveted spot.
The Football NSW Referee Academy trains and prepares selected referees for success at state and national levels and to be potentially identified by Football Australia as future A-Leagues Women, Men and Youth referees and assistant referees.
Trials such as the Laws of The Game quizzes, fitness testing, speed and agility testing as well as being viewed as referees and assistants in live match sequences were part of the selection process as future officials represented their local referee branches with the hope of earning a spot in next year’s academy.
Referees selected to join the Academy will be provided with speed and agility training, physical training programs, opportunities to attend tournaments, match day coaching and access to national and international referee coaches as well as A-Leagues referee mentors.
Congratulations to the following referees selected:
- Alyssa Schwereb (Sutherland Shire Football Referees Association)
- Charlotte Flynn (Football South Coast Referees)
- Connor Mead (Sutherland Shire Football Referees Association)
- Hayden Kaye (Macarthur District Football Referees Association)
- Hayden Michlmayr (Football South Coast Referees)
- Joshua Kermond (Bankstown Football Referees)
- Lara Hogan (Hills Football Referees)
- Liam Smith (Bathurst Football Referees Association)
- Molly Godsell (Nepean Referees Group)
- Selina Harden (Shoalhaven District Football Referees Association)
- Tom Dale (Manly Warringah Football Referees Association)
The full list of academy alumni can be viewed here: https://footballnsw.com.au/referees/join-the-referee-academy/.