2019 Champion of Champions Match Reports


The 51st Football NSW’s Champion of Champions finals were played at Valentine Sports Park on Sunday 21st of October with nineteen highly entertaining matches that rocked the state governing body’s headquarters.

The ‘Home’ of Football in NSW played host to grassroots football’s most prestigious tournament as teams from all over NSW wowed spectators in what was a wonderful day for the round ball game that proved to be a hit with players, managers as well as the referees and officials on the day.

It was an unforgettable for the Manly Football Association who had four of its teams take out respective Champion of Champions titles highlighting their association as the most successful at the tournament.

Football South Coast had three of its teams take various titles while Northern Suburbs, St George FA and Sutherland Shire FA took out two respectively.

Club representatives from Southern Districts, Central Coast, Canterbury, Macarthur, Nepean and Hills also enjoyed success as they had one club representative celebrate a Champion of Champions title.

12 Boys

Dee Why FC 4 v Kellyville Kolts 0

Dee Why Football Club were crowned 12 Boys Champions of Champions with a comfortable 4-nil success against Kellyville Kolts Soccer Club this morning.

It was a fast start for Dee Why who had the ball in the back of the net after 60 seconds. Max Winter latched onto a cushioned cut back to make it 1-nil.

The Manly Warringah side doubled their delight in the third minute when a player was brought down in the box. Max Kusnierz stepped up to take the spot kick and the striker dispatched it into the bottom corner of the net for 2-nil.

Kellyville Kolts had a chance to get back into the contest when Zane Boatwalla had a shot deflected for a corner. The resulted corner pinballed around the penalty box but Dee Why FC were able to sweep it away from the box.

Kusnierz continued to prove a nuisance for the Kolts defense when he picked up the third goal for Dee Why FC. Banjo Letts found some space outside the box and whipped an effort goal bound that was saved then Kusnierz turned in the rebound for 3-nil.

Dee Why continued to push forward in search of goals. Winter weaved through the defense and tried to place a shot into the bottom corner but was denied. Next Banjo Letts burst into the box to set up Ronan Doyle for a blocked shot.

Letts got himself on the scoresheet in the 35th minute and Dee Why FC found their fourth goal. Kusnierz held the ball up well and threaded the ball to Letts who slotted the ball into the corner for 4-nil.

Looking to finish the contest with a flurry Kellyville Kolts tried to get themselves on the scoresheet. Connor Ostric strode into the box confidently and was denied. He tried a follow up volley which was caught by the Dee Why keeper.

The Many Warringah side were able to keep the clean sheet and claimed the Champions of Champions crown in the 12 Boys category to kick off the proceedings this morning.

Match Stats

Dee Why FC 4 (Kusnierz 2, Letts, Winter)

Kellyville Kolts Soccer Club 0

Dee Why FC: 1 KHULAL Tek 2 MIRIC Michael 3 DOYLE Ronan 4 ROSENWAX Ailbhe 5 LETTS Banjo 6 KUSNIERZ Max 7 REID Orson 8 LABADOR Dustin 9 TEAGUE Joshua 10 WINTER Max 11 WOLLASTON Patrick 13 NEWSOME Bryce 14 HAGGAG Hassan 15 WARBURTON Jake 16 BRAAMS Tate

Coach: Ryan Doidge Assistant Coach: Stuart Nairn Manager: Angela Reid

Kellyville Kolts Soccer Club: 1 BINNING Alexander 2 SUKARMAN Joshua 3 GORE Kyan 4 CASSETTARI Blake 5 KENT Jordan 6 BELL Cooper 7 ATTARD Christian 8 BOATWALLA Zane 9 DURNAN Cooper 10 MICHELL Kye 11 HARWOOD Harry 12 MOORS Aaron 14 OSTRIC Connor 15 RAHIMAN Zayne 16 HERBERT Sam

Coach: Paul Attard Assistant Coach: Matthew Gore Manager: David Kent

12 Girls 

Lilli Pilli FC 1 (Beak) v A.C. United 1 (Scamardella)

(A.C. United win 4-3 after penalties)

AC United became the Champion of Champions in the 12 girls final, defeating Lilli Pilli FC after a pulsating penalty shootout.

Angelina Scamardella gave A.C. the lead before Brooklyn Beak equalised from the spot for the Sutherland Shire side.

The Southern Districts side dominated the early proceedings with star player Olivia D’Alessandro proving a handful for the Lilli Pilli defence.

United kept creating problems for the opposition but couldn’t create a clear-cut opportunity until the last kick of the first half when Olivia Riquelme should’ve hit the back of the net.

AC continued to dominate in the second half and went agonisingly close again, this time through Rita Di Martino.

Soon after, AC United had the lead.

Angelina Scamardella let fly with a thunderbolt from range as the ball hit the bar and bounced down. After consultation with her assistant referee, Marissa Grant awarded the goal.

Lilli Pilli had nothing to lose and started to open up as they looked for an equaliser.

United took advantage of this and kept the pressure up, going close on a few occasions.

With the clock ticking, Lilli Pilli were awarded a lifeline from the spot.

With their first shot of the match, Brooklyn Beak found the top corner and the equaliser.

Both teams pushed hard for a winner, but the game was destined for extra time.

The first chance of extra time went the way of LPFC after an incredible run by Jasmine Lays. She did everything but find the back of the net as Elisha Cassarino.

No goals in extra time meant a penalty shootout was needed to separate the two.

The drama continued from the spot with Lilli Pilli having two opportunities to seal the Championship, only to miss their last three penalties with AC scoring theirs to become Champion of Champions.

Match Stats

Lilli Pilli FC 1 (Beak) v AC United 1 (Scamardella)

(AC United win 4-3 after penalties)

Lilli Pilli FC: Miller, Rochaix, Wells, Nelson. Hubbard, Ar. Penfold, Zabic, Lays, Beak, Alderson, Bourke, Graham, Docherty, Hughes-Nichols, Graham, Al. Penfold.

AC United: Cassarino, Furia, Badolato-Herrera, O. Riquelme, D’Alessandro, V. Riquelme, King, Di Martino, Ivastanin, Vlahdamis, Khosho, Scamardella.

13 Boys

Lindfield 5 vs Auburn FC 1

A second half blitz took Lindfield to victory in the 13 Boys division, the Northern Suburbs outfit defeating Auburn FC 5-1.

Both sides showed their attacking intent from the opening whistle. In the seventh minute, Auburn forward Arda Genc got on the end of Burak Diker’s knockdown and finished from close range, however the goal was ruled out for offside. For their part, Lindfield were lively up front, Aaron Hubersman and Daniel Silverstone denied early on by good saves from Bilal Aslan.

On 18 minutes, Auburn broke the deadlock thanks to Jacob El Esber. The Auburn skipper went direct for goal with a long free kick from near the halfway line, and the ball evaded the Lindfield keeper before crossing the goal line.

As halftime approached, it was Lindfield’s turn to have a goal ruled out. Cooper Robertson tucked the ball away from Silverstone’s through pass, but the assistant’s flag was already up.

Early in the second half, Auburn winger Aavash Pant threatened to double his side’s lead with an excellent run into the area from the left side, but the Lindfield defence were able to scramble the ball to safety.

The last-ditch defending would prove crucial as Lindfield equalised in the 41st minute. George Stephenson threaded a pass between a defender’s legs for Silverstone, who raced away and slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

Robertson then had a header cleared off the line, but Lindfield didn’t have to wait long to hit the front. Silverstone turned provider on 49 minutes by drilling a low corner kick through a crowd of players, Kasper Nilsen ghosting in at the far post for the simplest of finishes.

Silverstone wasn’t done, and three minutes later he set up another goal. This time Robertson was the beneficiary of an excellent pass, and he kept his head to round the goalkeeper and find the empty net.

Auburn almost hit back immediately when Diker had a shot blocked on the goal line and hit the post with his follow up effort, but this would be Lindfield’s day. In the 54th minute, it was 4-1 after Ricky Maltz set up Stephenson, who finished coolly. Nilsen then put the cherry on the sundae in stoppage time, sending a scorching 25-yard effort into the net to make it 5-1 and double his personal tally for the game.

Match Stats

Lindfield 5 (Daniel Silverstone 41’, Kasper Nilsen 49’ 60+1’, Cooper Robertson 52’, George Stephenson 54’) vs Auburn FC 1 (Jacob El Esber 18’)

Lindfield: 1. Arin GINSBERG, 2. Benji ROSENBERG, 3. Calum WATSON, 4. Mats VAN DEN BIEZENBOS, 5. Matthew CHIGHINE, 6. Daniel SILVERSTONE, 7. George STEPHENSON, 8. Julian DU PLESSIS, 9. Aaron HUBERSMAN, 14. Ricky MALTZ, 15. Kasper NILSEN, 17. Joshua FRIEDMAN, 18. Griffin HOURIGAN, 29. Cooper ROBERTSON, 30. Toby GARVEY

Auburn FC: 1. Bilal ASLAN, 5. Mehmet DAGLAR, 7. Zane KOIMANIS, 8. Yakub Ziya DEMIRYUREK, 9. Emre SAVAS, 10. Arda GENC, 11. Burak DIKER, 15. Jacob EL ESBER, 17. Aavash PANT, 28. Abdulla MUSPAH, 40. Yusuf Alper GURLER, 44. Reyaj SHRESTHA, 93. Adem Mert AKCAN, 99. Taner ELGUN

14 Boys

Banksia Tigers 0 vs Lake Heights Junior FC 2

The 14 Boys division saw the Battle of The Big Cats, with Banksia Tigers facing off against Lake Heights Lions. Second half strikes from Elijah Byron and Cooper Schofield were enough for Lake Heights, who triumphed by two goals to nil.

Louis Vilella and Tayne Ward had early off target efforts for Lake Heights, while at the other end Abbas Chokr’s cross from the right wing almost looped into the net, but James Burgess was able to push the ball away from danger.

On 13 minutes, Lake Heights went close when Koray Gokturk cut the ball back for Schofield, who side footed the ball just over the crossbar. A couple of minutes later Banksia went even closer, Sami Anani stopped by a goal line clearance after getting his foot to Chokr’s corner kick.

With five minutes left until halftime, the Tigers had another good chance when Daniel Ayar rode a tackle and played the ball into the middle for Ali Karnib, however his shot went wide and the game was scoreless at the interval.

Banksia had the first real chance of the second period when Christian Zamecnik tried one from long range, Burgess able to save comfortably on this occasion.

Lake Heights then took control of the contest in the 40th minute. A quick throw in released Bond Stergess down the right side, and his pinpoint cross was converted by Byron to give the Lions a 1-0 lead.

A Lake Heights counterattack midway through the second half saw Schofield go on a dangerous run through the middle, stinging the palms of Banksia goalkeeper Hussein Tirani. Schofield wouldn’t be denied a minute later though, taking Byron’s layoff and blasting the ball into the net from 25 yards out to make it 2-0.

Despite the Tigers having some set pieces in good positions, Lake Heights continued to look more likely to score. A mix-up led to Gokturk trying to catch Tirani off his line, but the Banksia keeper did well to get back and push the shot wide of the post.

As time ran down, Anani stood over another Banksia set piece but couldn’t get it past the defence. Gokturk went close again for Lake Heights with the last action of the contest, striking the crossbar from a 30-yard free kick.

Match Stats

Banksia Tigers 0 vs Lake Heights Junior FC 2 (Elijah Byron 40’, Cooper Schofield 45’)

Banksia Tigers: 1. Hussein TIRABI, 7. Yaw OWUSU-ANSAH, 8. Ali KARNIB, 9. Christian ZAMECNIK, 11. Moussa NASSOUR, 12. Zachariah NEHME, 13. Ali BAZZI, 14. Alexander PAPPAS, 15. Mohamed HARRIS, 23. Sami ANANI, 24. Konstantinos KAMAS, 26. Daniel AYAR, 29. Abbas CHOKR, 36. Malifa MALIFA

Lake Heights Junior FC: 1. James BURGESS, 2. Alexander TYSSEN, 3. Louis BORG, 4. Elijah BYRON, 5. Koray GOKTURK, 6. Tayne WARD, 7. Mitchell DESPOTOVSKI, 8. Mathew CHIODI, 9. Bond STERGESS, 10. Cooper SCHOFIELD, 11. Mitchell MANEVSKI, 12. Louis VILELLA, 13. Nicholas NICASTRI, 14. Ruben MAYERS, 15. Maksi NAUMOVSKI, 16. Anthony VILELLA

14 Girls

Avalon SC 0 v Avoca FC 3

Avoca FC claimed the Champion of Champions crown after a convincing performance against Avalon SC.

Two first half goals and another in the second were enough for Avoca to lift the trophy.

It was a dream start for the Sharkies as Isabella Romero reacted quickest in the box after a corner to place the ball into the back of the net.

Jasmin Robinson had an opportunity to equalise for Avalon but Georgia Cameron saved well.

Isabella De Meyer was next to try her luck for Avoca, turning her marker well before her deflected shot hit the post and went out.

With half time approaching, Avoca doubled their advantage.

Ella Orr took advantage of a defensive mishap to dribble in and blast the ball beyond the Avalon goalkeeper.

Robinson should’ve had Avalon back in the game in the second period, but it was Cameron that came up with another fine save.

De Meyer and Airley Arnold then combined for the striker to grab a well-deserved goal for her after a fine team goal for Avoca.

Robinson went close for a third time, this time hitting the upright but was as close as Avalon would come to a consolation.

Match Stats

Avalon SC 0 v Avoca FC 3 (Romero, De Meyer x2)

Avalon SC: Small, Festa, Robinson, Brennan, Kuner, Orford, Flynn, Roberts, Bradhurst, Gallagher, Cazalet, Brennan, Bell, Edwards, Amet, Goudie.

Avoca FC: Cameron, Sole, De Meyer, Romero, Ryan, Dalton, Ireland, Orr, Drobot Santry, Mackie, Arnold.

15 Boys

Arncliffe Aurora 4 vs Greystanes FC 0

Arncliffe Aurora were a shining light in the 15 Boys Final, defeating Greystanes FC 4-0. A first half own goal sent Aurora on their way, with Hadi Sleiman, Mohammed Chahine and Ahmed Fadel rounding off the scoring after the break.

Aurora didn’t waste any time, nearly scoring in the opening minute when Ali Mhanna got on the end of Hassan Kassira’s free kick, Alec Jorquera parrying the header to safety. Greystanes also had an early chance, and Abdullah Salim had to be at full stretch to tip an Eden Hakwes free kick onto the crossbar.

Arncliffe were soon back on the front foot, Chahine unlucky on this occasion after pouncing on a loose ball and hitting the post. Then on 19 minutes, they were initially awarded a penalty following a collision between Sleiman and Jorquera, however the decision was reversed after consultation between the referee and his assistant.

It wasn’t long before the Aurora pressure paid off, and a couple of minutes later they were up 1-0. Sleiman’s in swinging corner kick from the right side proved too difficult for the defence to handle, resulting in an own goal.

In the 24th minute, Greystanes attempted to hit back. Jake Tester played a fantastic diagonal ball to release Ethan Alimboyao, but his shot flew over the bar.

As in the first half, Arncliffe had an opportunity right at the start of the second half, but this time they made it count. Sleiman doubled their lead with some individual brilliance, spinning away from a defender and slamming the ball in off the post from outside the area.

Jorquera made a couple of great saves from Mhanna and Kassem Kassem, however the Greystanes goalkeeper would be powerless on 42 minutes, Chahine heading in from point blank range to make it 3-0 after another quality in swinging corner from Sleiman.

Aurora kept pushing, and Sleiman almost doubled his tally in the 51st minute, Jorquera denying him with another sharp save. It was only a matter of time though, and the fourth goal came three minutes later when Chahine’s long shot was parried, Fadel tapping in from the rebound.

Greystanes threatened in brief spells using Alimboyao’s pace, but Arncliffe remained the better side until the end, and could even have extended their lead late on. Jorquera saved well from Salah Farhat, and Andres Felipe Nino Betancur hit the side netting with the last kick of the game.

Match Stats

Arncliffe Aurora 4 (own goal 21’, Hadi Sleiman 36’, Mohammed Chahine 42’, Ahmed Fadel 54’) vs Greystanes FC 0

Arncliffe Aurora: 1. Abdullah SALIM, 6. Andres FELIPE NINO BETANCUR, 11. Ali BAKIR B MOURTADA, 12. Ali RACHID, 14. Ibrahim ELREDA, 15. Ali HAMMOUD, 16. Youssef NASSER, 18. Ali MOURTADA, 20. Ali SAAB, 22. Hadi SLEIMAN, 24. Ahmed FADEL, 30. Hadi SOUMMAKA, 32. Hassan KASSIRA, 37. Ali MHANNA, 41. Mohammed CHAHINE, 48. Kassem KASSEM, 49. Ali CHREIF, 55. Salah FARHAT 

Greystanes FC: 1. Alec JORQUERA, 2. Declan DONOHUE, 3. Jonothan KOKINOGOULIS, 4. Cullen ROTA-WALLACE, 5. Jake TESTER, 6. Wisssam ABDEL SAMAD, 7. Ethan ALIMBOYAO, 8. Joshua MADELEINE, 9. Matthew SEYMOUR, 10. Jai FOLEY, 11. Eden HAWKES, 13. Jakob MASTERS, 14. Zayne EDMONDS, 17. Safal THAPA

15 Girls

Belrose Terry Hills Raiders 2 v Huskisson Vincentia FC 0

A goal in each half was enough for Belrose Terry Hill Raiders to claim the Champion of Champions title with a 2-0 win over Huskisson Vincentia FC.

Sophie Massey was the star of the show with two goals for the Raiders.

The game got off to a frantic start with chances at both ends.

Huskisson had the first chance inside the opening minutes with the ball somehow staying out of the goal.

Madison Hawker was proving a menace up front for Huskisson, showing incredible speed.

At the other end, Sophie Massey had a great chance of her own but couldn’t find the back of the net.

The intense football continued with chances at both ends with neither able to break the deadlock.

That was until the final minute of the first half as Massey stole in and poked the ball home to give the Raiders a one-goal lead heading into the break.

After half time, Massey had her second and doubled the Raiders’ lead, finding the back of the net with a well placed free kick.

Mirina Simms thought she’d had Huskisson back in the game, only for the assistants flag to bring celebrations to a halt.

Huskisson pushed on but couldn’t find a goal as the game came to a close.

Match Stats

Belrose Terry Hills Raiders 2 (Massey x2) v Huskisson Vincentia FC 0

Belrose Terry Hills Raiders: Barros, Smit, Griffiths, Caruso, T. Glover, J. Glover, Lacey, Ford, Marks, Massey, B. Allen, C. Allen, Saunders, Pryor, P. Glover, McClerie.

Huskisson Vincentia FC: Bendall, Briggs, Booth, Alcott, Watt, McLeod, Brown, Guthrie, Rankin, Thompson, Hawker, Brown, Simms, Vider, Snelling, Lilly, Jervis, Macken.

16 Boys

Earlwood Wanderers 3 University of Wollongong Football Juniors FC 0

Earlwood Wanderers claimed the 16 Boys Champions of Champions trophy after their 3-0 success against University of Wollongong Football Juniors this morning at Valentine Sports Park.

In the warm conditions this morning, both sides were cagey out of the gate with chances being at a premium. Uni held most of the possession with Earlwood preferred to hit them on the counter attack.

The first chance fell to the Wanderers when the Wollongong defenders let the ball bounce in the box and it fell to Apostolos Tatsis who couldn’t wrap his feet around the chance and flayed it wide of the post.

Earlwood made good with their next chance on the break. Connor Stock strode confidently out of defense and fired the ball into the top corner of the net, making it 1-nil to Earlwood Wanderers after 22 minutes.

The striker continued to cause headaches for the Wollongong defense in the 34th minute when Stock positioned himself well but curved the chance over the bar. Wanderers started to assert their dominance on the contest but headed to the break ahead 1-nil.

Coming out of the break and doing just fine, Wanderers doubled their delight in the 43rd minute. Stock turned provider when he opened the channel for Juan Arango to stroll onto and calmly finish, making it 2-nil Wanderers.

Wanderers weren’t content to sit on their two-goal cushion as Stock continued to surge forward and wreak havoc with the Wollongong defense. He claimed their third goal with a slick finish after an incisive move to within reach of the trophy.

They had a chance to put themselves further in front when Stock was fouled in the box. He dusted himself off but cannoned the effort off the crossbar. Stock was also played in in the 56th minute by James Melki but couldn’t find a finish.

Sensing the game was lost, Wollongong looked to find a late consolation goal. Toby Baulch tried to fire one home from deep then Callum Christensen used fancy feet to create the opening but was denied on the line.

Match Stats

Earlwood Wanderers 3 (Stock 2, Arango)

University of Wollongong Football Juniors 0

Earlwood Wanderers: GK MAHER Michael 2 WILLIAMSON Louis 3 TAPIA Jono 6 ROBERTSON Toby 7 SWAN Oscar 8 ARANGO Juan 9 TOBIANO Carlos 10 ODRIA Daniel 11 MELKI James 13 PASSELL Aidan 14 THEODOROU Chris 15 CAMBRIA Adrian 16 BURKITT-DOYLE Leo 17 OTTAVIO Stefano 24 STOCK Connor 32 TATSIS Apostolos

Coach: Jim Tatsis Coach: Andy Passell Trainer: Wayne Robertson Manager: Steve Cambria

University of Wollongong Football Juniors: 1 STEFOSKI-NEEDHAM Ben 5 ABDEL MEGEED Omar 6 CHRYSSOSTOMIDIS Alex 7 BUDAK Koray 8 KARANFILOSKI Filip 9 CHRISTENSEN Callum 10 KUZMANOSKI Kieran 11 IVANOVSKI Alex 14 MAHON Alan 16 CAVALIERI Mateus 17 MIHAJLOVIC Alex 18 INSALATA Franceso 19 DARJANI Luke 20 BENTEN Sami 21 MATHEWS Dane 27 BAULCH Toby

Coach: Miles Mihajlovic Manager: Nick Chryssostomidis

16 Girls

Northbridge FC 7 v Bonnyrigg FC 1

Northbridge FC proved their class and ran away with a comfortable victory to claim the 16 Girls Champion of Champions crown.

And the final will be remembered as the Olivia Kearney show, Kearney playing as striker picking up five goals in a terrific individual display.

It didn’t take them long to open the scoring with the first goal coming when Caroline Fulton charged down the left wing before squaring it to Olivia Kearney to finish off from close range with plenty of time on her side.

Bonnyrigg FC quickly mustered a response when Tatiana Savic who after receiving on the left, cut inside before her effort was saved well at the near post.

Northbridge FC then made it two within the first fifteen minutes when Arabella Ohlsson found herself in the right spot, a corner falling to her before she calmly finished.

Northbridge were well on top and made it three, Kearny picking up her second with an expert finish on the angle.

Bonnyrigg FC did give themselves a glimmer of hope before the break though with Maya Prostran scoring from the spot.

Bonnyrigg seemed to have the momentum and could have reduced the deficit further early in the second half, with only the keeper denying Maya Prostran.

From there on in, it was all Northbridge FC adding another four goals to their tally. Their fourth came through Arabella T. Hendricks whose shot after a corner was cleared to her took a deflection before finding the net.

Olivia Kearney then completed her hattrick shortly after with a left footed effort after breaking through a weary defence.

Before grabbing a fourth and fifth before the full-time whistle blew in an individual performance to remember on the big stage from the striker.

Match Stats

Northbridge FC 7 (Kearney 4’ 31’ 44’ 48’ 70’, Ohlsson 15’, Hendricks 43’) defeat Bonnyrigg FC 1 (Prostran 32’)

Northbridge FC: 1 Anna IVANOVIC, 2. Lilliahna WILES, 3. Imogen WELLS, 5. Eleanor SHUETRIM, 6. Vanessa RITCHIE, 7. Ella PISANI, 8. Arabella OHLSSON, 9. Lilly MCLEOD, 10. Olivia KEARNEY, 11. Arabella T. HENDRIKS, 12. Emma CROWTHER, 13. Lone BROMLEY, 14. Juliette BOSSCHER, 15. Ella BARRY, 47. Caroline FULTON. 

Bonnyrigg FC: 1. Jelena SARIC, 2. Stevana BOGICEVIC, 3. Natalia CUPAC, 4. Tina LAKIC, 5. Nikolina BEKRIC, 6. Aleksandra IVANEZA, 7. Maya PROSTRAN, 8. Katarina CVETKOVIC, 9. Angelina ANDRIJEVIC, 10. Tatiana SIVAC, 11. Nikolina VESELINOVIC, 12. Milica VESELINOVIC, 13. Jovana PRTENJAK, 14. Milica DRACA, 15. Georgia LABBOZZETTA.

17 Men

Narellan Rangers SC 3 v Kemps Creek United 2

Narellan Rangers Soccer Club survived a late comeback from Kemps Creek United Soccer Club to take home a 3-2 victory in the 17 Mens category for the Champions of Champions this afternoon at Valentine Sports Park.

Kemps Creek United created the first chance of the contest when Sam Giacona created space on the right before he cut it back to Louis Cortese who couldn’t turn it goal bound in a tense opening exchanges of the contest.

You miss, I hit is the old adage in cricket but it rings true in football. Narellan Rangers found the back of the net through Antonio Stipicic. The winger started the move in his own half before he waltzed into the area to stroke the ball home for 1-nil.

The set piece looked the route for Kemps Creek United back into the contest. Jacob Lattuga had a pair of them in the first half – the first went right into the hands of the Narellan keeper with his second effort five minutes later curled wide.

Narellan doubled their advantage through a set piece late in the first half. Kurt Gillam rose highest from a corner to thump home a header making it 2-nil. The Macarthur FA side were cruising towards the break.

They were able to add a third goal and give Stipicic his brace. Anthony Carovski threaded through a precise pass which came into Stipicic’s stride and the striker finished well to make it 3-nil headed into the break.

On the hour mark, Kemps Creek United found a route into the contest from the spot. Tony Giacona stepped up to take the spot kick and thrashed it home on the second attempt, making it 3-1 and some life into the contest.

Rejuvenated Kemps Creek continued to push forward with gusto but were unable to find the cutting edge needed. They did pick up a second when the ball bounced off first a defender then the Narellan goalkeeper into the net, 3-2.

Narellan kept compact and had chances on the break to seal the contest. The Macarthur FA side did enough to secure the 3-2 success and be crowned 16 Boys Champions of Champions this afternoon at Valentine Sports Park.

Match Stats

Kemps Creek United Soccer Club 2 (Giacona, Own Goal)

Narellan Rangers Soccer Club 3 (Stipicic 2, Gillam)

Kemps Creek United SC: 1 SACCO Cristian 2 CORTESE Louis 4 LA DELFA Dean 5 ICHO Paul 6 PALOZZO Lewis 7 PETRO Antonio 8 ALSHAMMI Danial 9 RIZOS Nickolas 10 GIACONA Sam 11 YAKOO Jacob 13 KHOURY Jayden 16 GIACONA Tony 17 SKOLJAREV Lukas 18 HADDAD Yazzan, John 23 LATTUGA Jacob 26 PIET Lachlan 33 BRIGO Cristian 99 KALTSAS Lukas ZAPPIA Nathan

Coach: Slaven Ljuboja Assistant Coach: Sonny Makko Manager: Gaspare (Rino) Giacona

Narellan Rangers SC: 1 BUDA Jackson 2 STIPICIC Antonio 3 SMITH Charlie 4 GILLAM Kurt 5 OROS Kai 6 BELL Jye 7 SIMPSON-O’DEA Dominic 8 IULIANO Max 9 SIERRA Austin 10 TAYLOR Jarrod 12 McDONALD Cameron 13 WARTERS Brayden 14 JOWETT Cameron 15 TRIANTIS Nicholas 16 CAROVSKI Anthony 17 OROS Chaye

Coach: Nick Oros Assistant Coach: Michael Carovski Manager: Peter Gillam

18 Men

Lindfield 3 vs Glenmore Park FC 4

There was a seven goal thriller in the 18 Men Final, Glenmore Park winning 4-3 over Lindfield.

Lindfield thought they had the perfect start, winning a penalty on five minutes when Luke Ventura was fouled by Bailey King. However, Benjamin Sayer would make the first of several crucial saves for Glenmore Park, guessing correctly and blocking James Rengasamy’s penalty. James Rengasamy almost made amends in fortuitous circumstances a minute later when his corner kick rebounded off the crossbar.

Glenmore Park were under pressure early on, but they would take the lead against the run of play in the 28th minute. Adrian Guy beat the defence to Daniel Gooch’s ball from the right, and although Timothy Morrison was able to block the initial effort, Christian Garcia followed up to put his side 1-0 up.

Garcia was on the scoresheet again nine minutes later. The Glenmore Park winger earned a spot kick after being fouled by Morrison, and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way to make it 2-0.

Morrison made amends for his error early in the second half when his right wing cross wasn’t cleared, with Akira Bolek drilling the ball low into the net to halve the deficit.

Sayer would then come up big for Glenmore Park, saving well from Benji Rengasamy and James Ferris. At the other end, Garcia had a couple of chance to complete his hat trick on 64 minutes, Parsa Dogmesaz making two solid saves.

Lindfield kept pushing, and just over 20 minutes remained when Ventura was denied by a goal line clearance. They would be rewarded for their persistence in the 77th minute when a flowing team move released Harry Gleeson, who slotted the ball away for the equaliser.

Just as it looked like Lindfield might go on to win, Gooch stunned them on 85 minutes with a 35 yard bomb to put Glenmore Park up 3-2. Sayer still had to make huge saves from Ferris and Ventura, before Adrian Guy made the game safe in the 94th minute, beating the goalkeeper to a long ball and heading into the open goal.

The action still wasn’t over. Six minutes of time added on had been played when James Rengasamy’s corner wasn’t cleared, Ventura finishing with a neat shot on the turn to make it 4-3. However, Glenmore Park, the club known as the Kookaburras, would have the last laugh, hanging on for a dramatic victory.

Match Stats

Lindfield 3 (Akira Bolek 49’, Harry Gleeson 77’, Luke Ventura 90+6’) vs Glenmore Park FC 4 (Christian Garcia 28’ 37’, Daniel Gooch 85’, Adrian Guy 90+4’)

Lindfield: 2. Timothy MORRISON, 3. Raimy LYNCH, 4. Hayden ZORIAN, 5. James RENGASAMY, 6. Benji RENGASAMY, 7. James FERRIS, 8. Emmanuel ROSAS HEYDARI, 10. Luke VENTURA, 11. Thongnatee THONGYAI, 12. Mika RIEGER, 13. Oskar STEVENS, 14. Shaun ZINN, 15. Thomas JOBLING, 17. Graham PAGE, 21. Harry GLEESON, 33. Akira BOLEK, 99. Parsa DOGMESAZ

Glenmore Park FC: 1. Benjamin SAYER, 2. Cruize HILL, 3. Bailey KING, 4. Marcus GUY, 5. Jaskeerat GILL, 6. Daniel VUKOJEVIC, 7. Christian GARCIA, 8. Joshua HAYDON, 9. Daniel GOOCH, 10. Sam DJURA, 11. Luke KERSIVEN, 12. Josh WINCKLE, 13. Adrian GUY, 15. Dylan SCOTT, 16. Akash BIRRING, 17. Thomas ROSENTHAL

18s Women

Shellharbour Junior FC 0 v Rouse Hill Rams 1

Rouse Hill Rams left it late to dramatically snatch the 18 Women’s title courtesy of a Shellharbour Junior FC own goal in the dying embers of extra time.

In the day’s final fixture on Valentine Sports Park Field 1, a tight arm-wrestle saw both sides fail to find the back of the net inside 90 minutes.

Both outfits proved to be evenly matched in all departments, as both defensive units stood up tall to ensure clear cut chances were few and far between.

Shellharbour started the brighter, as Tanika Sharrock unleased a threatening shot which sailed wide of the mark 13 minutes in. Two minutes later Nikola Wilson found room for a long-range strike, however her effort was comfortably saved by Katelyn Derwin.

The Rams then began to work their way back into the contest, with Stephanie Bratjanscak leading the line confidently. The striker found herself in behind the Shellharbour backline on a few occasions either side of the interval but was unable to convert thanks to some desperate last-ditch challenges.

Then as the match began to appear destined to go the distance, the Football South Coast side so nearly stole the show in the 88th minute.

Chantell Hore embarked on a mazy run from midfield, shaking off her marker and releasing a curling effort that for a split-second appeared on course for the top corner.

However with the Rams shot-stopper Derwin beaten, the ball cannoned off the crossbar and was cleared to safety.

Extra time saw a war of attrition unfold as both teams fought fatigue in search of a winner.

The two best chances arrived in the form of dead-ball scenarios. Bratjanscak’s well struck free-kick was denied by Mikaela Erdelyi 105 minutes in before at the other end Monique Duval skied a set-piece from similar range.

Then came the moment the vocal Rams supporters had been waiting for.

With the clock ticking down and the prospect of a dreaded penalty shootout looming large, some smart play from Bratjanscak proved the difference.

The Shellharbour backline struggled to deal with a long ball from down-field, allowing for her to ghost in behind and navigate her way past the onrushing Erdelyi.

In a last-ditch attempt to keep Bratjanscak out, the ball cruelly deflected off a Shellharbour defender into the back of the net; seeing the Rams emerging victorious from what was a 110-minute-long slog.

Match Stats

Shellharbour Junior FC 0 v Rouse Hill Rams 1 (OG 109’)

Shellharbour Junior FC 1. ERDELYI Mikaela, 2. DE JONG Mikayla, 3.  LENARTOWICZ Shante, 4. HORE Chantell, 5. KERR Brianna, 6. FREEMAN Ebony, 8. WILSON Nikola, 9. SHARROCK Tanika, 10. BRATJANSCAK Stephanie, 11. FEDELE Christina, 12.  SMITH Chloe, 13.  BAZZANO Caieta, 14. SCHWEITZER Annie, 15. HARRISON Lily, 16. JENKINS Tylah, 20. ARCIA Caitlin, 28. LINDWALL Jorja, 29  FOGARTY Bella

Rouse Hill Rams 1. DERWIN Katelyn, 2. ALLSOP Mollie, 3. NEAL Paige, 4. ODENDAAL Chanelle, 5. BROWN Leah, 6. METCALF Anna, 7. DUVAL Rachel, 8. GRECH Imogen, 9. GRECH Sophia, 10. DUVAL Monique, 11. CHESSA Elana, 12. METCALF Sarah, 13. SILLS Natasha, 14. GREGORY Thais, 15. FISCHER Kayla, 16. DUVAL Nicola

21 Men

Cronulla Seagulls 3 vs Epping Eastwood 2

Ten man Cronulla Seagulls produced a gritty performance to prevail in the 21 Men Final, beating Epping Eastwood 3-2.

The Sutherland outfit took the lead in spectacular fashion on six minutes. Nathan Wedesweiler’s lovely backheel released Henry Fuller, and although Epping Eastwood goalkeeper John Vallentine was out quickly to save, the Seagulls kept the ball alive long enough for Max Sidney to blast home from the edge of the area.

Josh Parsons forced another save from Vallentine soon afterwards, but Epping Eastwood would begin to impose themselves on the contest, and in the tenth minute Tae Jang outpaced a Seagulls defender, hitting the side netting.

With both defences remaining solid, chances were at a premium for both sides. As halftime approached, Wedesweiler nearly played killer through passes for Mike Anderson and Sidney, then the Seagulls doubled their lead with a stroke of good fortune. Sidney won the ball on the left side of the area and tried for goal, his shot taking a heavy deflection before nestling in the back of the net.

Whatever was said in the Epping Eastwood dressing room at halftime, it certainly worked. Five minutes after the restart, Jang found Logan Adams overlapping down the right flank, and his cross was converted by Justin Penna to pull it back to 2-1.

Wedesweiler and Parsons then had good chances to restore their side’s two goal cushion, however it was Epping Eastwood who would score again to make it 2-2. Leo Lee found space in the area, and his shot was tipped onto the post by Aguilar. In the resulting scramble, Ganesh Sivagurunathan kept a cool head, rolling the ball into the bottom corner.

The momentum really looked to be with Epping Eastwood when Seagulls defender Jackson Lee was sent off in the 68th minute. The Seagulls weren’t ready to give up though, and Sidney almost put them back in front when he sprinted clear of the defence, but his effort was straight at Vallentine.

The Seagulls did well to keep their shape, however it almost came undone on 86 minutes, Aguilar making a brilliant double save to keep the scores level. Wedesweiler shot wide for the Seagulls in the 90th minute, then the final twist came a minute later. Another Wedesweiler effort cannoned off the crossbar, but the rebound came straight to him, and he found the net to give his team an incredible win.

Match Stats

Cronulla Seagulls 3 (Max Sidney 6’ 44’, Nathan Wedesweiler 90+1’) vs Epping Eastwood 2 (Justin Penna 50’, Ganesh Sivagurunathan 64’)

Cronulla Seagulls: 1. Adrian AGUILAR, 3. Sam PAYNE, 6. Mike ANDERSON, 7. Oscar WATSON-STEEGE, 8. Max SIDNEY, 9. Nathan WEDESWEILER, 10. Henry FULLER, 12. Josh BROWN, 14. Josh JACOBS, 17. Cooper SACHR, 19. Ben GLENNAN, 21. Josh PARSONS, 22. Zane MURPHY, 23. Brendan DEVLIN, 24. Josh RITCHIE, 27. Connor DONAGHY, 45. Daniel BARRY, 97. Jackson LEE

Epping Eastwood: 1. John VALLENTINE, 2. Ganesh SIVAGURUNATHAN, 3. Leo LEE, 4. Edwin LEE, 6. Hayden MILLER, 7. Alexander CALDWELL, 8. Edward HUANG, 9. James CUI, 10. Logan ADAMS, 11. Justin PENNA, 12. Brendan JUMEAU, 15. Parthraj SARVAIYA, 16. Tommy CHU, 17. Ricky OU, 19. Tae JANG, 23. Philip SOHN

21s Women

Greystanes FC 2 v Wollongong United FC 8

Wollongong United FC flexed their firepower as they outclassed Greystanes FC 8-2 to take home the 21 Women Champion of Champion’s title.

An early goal-scoring rampage set the tone for a dominant showing from Jeff Jovanovski’s outfit.

The Football South Coast side were off to a flyer just two and a half minutes in as Brittany Sands shook off her marker and slotted home the opener past Amy Charlesworth.

Greystanes attacker Natalie Stipic stung the palms of Wollongong’s Maddison Delaney shortly after the subsequent kick off, however unfortunately for the Granville & Districts SFA side it was to be almost one-way traffic from that point.

Wollongong United doubled their lead after just 7 minutes as Krystal Solevska hammered an emphatic finish into the roof of the net.

Just four minutes later they had three, as Brittany Sands squared a ball for Veronica Calderon to tap in at the back post.

Calderon soon registered a brace, and prior to the half an hour mark found herself with a hat-trick after breaking in behind and slotting home past Charlesworth.

The goalscoring frenzy did not end there, as Natalie Stipic pulled one back for Greystanes with a well-struck finish into the top left corner on 31 minutes.

After a relatively even start to the second stanza, Wollongong recommenced their scoring spree on the hour mark as Calderon was in the right place at the right time yet again to score her fourth.

Despite the blown-out score line, Greystanes fought admirably. Unfortunately, their eagerness to restore some pride saw Claire Nguyen dismissed for a second bookable offense mid-way through the second half.

Wollongong soon made their numerical advantage count as Calderon won the ball high up the pitch and brought her final haul to five.

Natalie Stipic grabbed a late consolation goal for Greystanes in the dying embers of the contest to finalise an eye-catching 8-2 score line.

Match Stats

Greystanes FC 2 (N. Stipic 31’, 89’) v Wollongong United FC 8 (Horlock 3’, Solevska 7’, Calderon 11’, 19’, 29’, 35’, 87’)

Greystanes FC: 1. CHARLESWORTH Amy, 2. STIPIC Jessica, 5. HOSSAIN Mahiba, 6. BIBER Alysha, 7. BONOVAS Katerina, 9. STIPIC Natalie, 10. STIPIC Isabelle, 11. INCOGNITO Marissa, 12. BUCHER Jasmyn, 13. FONTI Chiara, 14. WIGGINS Emma, 15. ALFAROBELTRAN Nicole, 17. SPEHAR Melissa

Wollongong United FC: 1. DELANEY Maddison, 2. WAGNER Riley, 3. JACKSON Xanthe, 4. HIGH Karissa, 5. DAMCEVSKI Alyssa, 6. ELLIOTT Jayda, 7. CALDERON Veronica, 8. JOVANOVSKI Jada, 9.  SOLEVSKA Krystal, 10. BARRAZA Cristina, 11. FRASER Kasey, 12. HEARNE Kaite, 13. NGUYEN Claire, 14. HORLOCK Cassandra, 15. SANDS Brittany, 16. SPIROSKI Liliana, 17. MITRESKI Isabella, 18. FOFANA Mariam

All Age Men

Brookvale 4 vs WPH Cherrybrook 1

In the All Age Men Final, Brookvale triumphed 4-1 over West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook. Brookvale captain John Hall opened the scoring, with the Manly-Warringah side running away from their opponents after a second half hat trick from Justin Hayward. Kane Glavicar netted a late consolation for WPH Cherrybrook.

The game was evenly matched in the early stages, as both Brookvale’s Danny Grant and WPH Cherrybrook’s Tim Irwin were denied by some good goalkeeping.

WPH Cherrybrook also tried some long-range efforts, with a Sid Sarkis 30 yard strike headed away from goal, while in the 11th minute Andrew Zalunardo almost caught out Brookvale goalkeeper Luke Femia from near the halfway line. A few minutes later, Hayward looked certain to break the deadlock for Brookvale, however Cody Rudd performed heroics to block his shot on the goal line.

Brookvale broke the deadlock on 24 minutes. Hall drew a fine save from Kristian Bullock, and reacted quickly to reach the rebound first and finish from close range. Kane Glavicar had the chance to equalise eight minutes before the break when he met Rudd’s cross, but his header flew wide of the target.

Hayward really rose to prominence in the second half as his pace caused constant problems for WPH Cherrybrook. Bullock made a sharp save to deny him in the 49th minute, however the WPH Cherrybrook custodian would be powerless a minute later, Hayward rising highest and heading a David Cain cross in off the post to make it 2-0.

It was almost three just past the hour mark when Hayward sprinted clear of the defence, Bullock rushing quickly off his line to smother the shot. Hayward persisted, and grabbed his second of the contest on 71 minutes after good work from Hall to intercept and play him through on goal.

The hat trick seemed inevitable by this stage, and it arrived in the 77th minute. Hayward received a pass inside the area before turning neatly and blasting the ball into the top corner.

To their credit, WPH Cherrybrook pushed until the end, and they pulled a goal back with five minutes remaining. A Nathan White effort from outside the area was deflected into Kane Glavicar’s path, and the striker snuck the ball under Femia to add some respectability to the score line.

Match Stats

Brookvale 4 (John Hall 24’, Justin Hayward 50’ 71’ 77’) vs WPH Cherrybrook 1 (Kane Glavicar 85’)


WPH Cherrybrook: 1. Kristian BULLOCK, 2. Scott WILLIAMS, 3. Ryan MANUAL, 4. Ryan FRANK, 5. Cody RUDD, 8. Luke GLAVICAR, 9. Kane GLAVICAR, 10. Sid SARKIS, 16. Tim IRWIN, 18. Andrew ZALUNARDO, 19. Shane CAMPBELL, 22. Cameron PESAVENTO, 23. Adam SHEPHERD, 25. Gregory BEECH, 27. Darian FANAYAN, 29. Izaack MUNOZ, 31. Tim COVER, 32. Nathan WHITE

All Age Women

Southern & Ettalong United FC 2 v Albion Park Soccer Club 9

There was no shortage of goals as Albion Park Soccer Club clinically accounted for Southern & Ettalong United FC 9-2 in the 2019 Champion of Champions All Age Women’s Grand Final.

The match was a physical battle, fought out in a much fiercer fashion than the score line suggests.

It took less than four minutes for the Football South Coast outfit to take the lead, as right back Claire Duffy rose highest off a corner to produce a superb glancing header into the top right corner.

Five minutes later it went from bad to worse for SEUFC, as speedy winger Brittany Ring broke through on goal and was pulled to ground, leading referee Emma Kocbek to award a penalty. Kristina Glisic made no mistake from the spot, powering Albion Park into an early two goal advantage.

Richard Davis’ side continued to clinically take advantage of their opportunities, as Casey-Leigh Suttle found the back of the net with a neat finish into the bottom left corner inside 19 minutes.

32 minutes in, Linda Hillard fortuitously found herself on the scoresheet as an attempted SEUFC clearance cannoned off her knees and past Bec Arnfield into the net.

After 36 minutes Brittany Ring scored the pick of the bunch with a lovely driven finish into the bottom right corner, capping off a five-star first half blitz for Albion Park.

The first goal of the second period arrived after 57 minutes, as SEUFC captain Tahlor Thackray pulled one back for her side with a stunning free kick which sailed into the top right corner from over 35 metres out.

However, five minutes later Ring was back at it again, bagging Albion Park a sixth with a half-volleyed finish that lobbed Arnfield.

The SEUFC shot-stopper then made a handful of smart stops to momentarily stem the flow, but was soon rendered powerless as Ring rounded her and tapped home an impressive hat-trick 68 minutes in.

A frenetic five-minute period saw Suttle register a brace of her own, before a penalty at the other end scored by Thackray brought the score to 8-2.

Renee Crowe capped the match off with a cheeky dinked finish in the 88th minute, leaving Albion Park SC in dreamland and eager to accept the Champion of Champion’s title.

The emphatic result was a fitting bookend for Albion captain Tenaya Davis, who emotionally announced her retirement post-game.

Match Stats

Southern & Ettalong United FC 2 (Thackray 57’, 72’) v Albion Park Soccer Club 9 (Duffy 4’, Glisic 10’, Suttle 19’, 70’, Hillard 32’, Ring 36’, 62’, 68’, Crowe 88’)

Southern & Ettalong Utd FC: 1 ARNFIELD Bec, 3.  RYAN Madelyn, 4. WOODGER Emma, 5. WADDELL Letisha, 6. WADDELL Natalie, 7. DELANEY Elaine, 8. PAULL Jordyn 10. URRIE Alana, 12. ARNFIELD Shannon, 13. ANSIEWICZ Tatum, 14. MEAD Ali, 15. THACKRAY Tahlor, 16. LESLIE-FITCH Georgia, 19. WALTERS Jessica, 20. MOORE Angela, 23. FINNEY Jewel, 26. MCNAMARA Nicole, 28. HARDING Courtney

Albion Park Soccer Club: 1. CHESSELL Aleisha, 2.  COWAN Eliza, 3.  MARTIN Erin, 4. DUFFY Claire, 5. MCCRACKEN Nicole, 6 . ALWERT Sarah, 8. FOSCARINI Michelle, 9. SUTTLE Casey-Leigh, 10. DAVIS Tenaya, 11. HILLARD Linda, 12. RING Brittany, 13. HANLY Jessica, 14. GLISIC Kristina, 15. CROWE Renee, 17. AKID Christie, 18. MCGARTLAND Rylee

Over 30 Women

Loftus Yarrawarrah FC 2 v Pittwater RSL FC 3

It was the late show, as Pittwater RSL FC scored three goals in the dying embers of both halves to secure the Over 30 Women’s title defeating Loftus Yarrawarrah FC.

The win came courtesy of a double to Jarka Rey before a free kick deep into injury time from Sarah Beckett clinched a gritty yet memorable victory for Pittwater with plenty of heart involved.

For Loftus Yarrawarrah, they looked to have sealed a win with a goal early in the second half courtesy of Judy Dawes. Yet it just wasn’t to be, seemingly running out of gas in the latter stages of both halves’.

Dawes opened the scoring on 22 minutes after Fiona Keough took advantage of an unconvincing clearance sending the ball back in for Dawes to head it into the right-hand side of the net.

Unfortunately for Loftus though, after controlling much off the first half, the team from Sydney’s South couldn’t hold on as Jarka Rey struck for Pittwater in injury time poking home from close range to cap off an effective counterattack.

Loftus once again took the lead in the second half through the same outlet, this time after Kelly Salis found Dawes on a barnstorming run down the right. Dawes finishing in composed fashion.

The Rangers then had a few chances to close the game off with the most notable coming from Hannah Burton.

Pittwater RSL weren’t going to allow them to run away with it though, and slowly but surely, they played themselves back into the match. And they were rewarded for such effort when with a minute to go, Jarka Rey popped up scoring from a ridiculous angle to seemingly send the game into extra time.

But in a game of twists and turns there was one more twist to come and it came through a wonderful set piece from Sarah Beckett who perfectly floated the ball over the opposing keepers head to steal it late on.

Match Stats

Loftus Yarrawarrah FC 2 (Dawes 22’ 58’) v Pittwater RSL FC 3 (Rey 40+2’ 79’, Beckett 80+2’)

Loftus Yarrawarrah: 1. Allison MAUNDER, 3. Marisa VAN EIJK, 4. Kristy FARR, 5. Judy DAWES, 6. Carey DEMETRIOS, 7. Janine CUNNINGHAM, 9. Vanessa ALLEN ERECKSON, 11. Laura McGUIRE, 12. Melissa FITZGERALD, 15. Louise WILLIAMS, 18. Rachel JOSPE, 19. Melinda YATES, 21. Karin SENFF, 40. Kelly SALIS, 52. Fiona KEOUGH, 56. Hannah BURTON, 72. Olga LAURICELLA.

Pittwater RSL FC: 1. Monica LERPINIERE, 2. Victoria VAN DYK, 3. Angela DE MAINA, 5. Ingrid AMBROSIUS, 6. Claire JUANDA, 7. Angelica BILIBIO, 8. Stacey BEER, 9. Sarah BECKETT, 10. Jarka REY, 11. Christine VANZINO, 12. Tiffini PERRIN, 13. Michelle RAIC, 14. Selfie SIAHAYA, 15. Nerissa STURMEY, 16. Natalie TUIVAGA, 18. Karen BURNS, 19. Sharron CLARK, 20. Narelle HUGHES.

Over 35 Men

Como Jannali 5 vs Southern & Ettalong United 0

It was the Dean Heffernan Show in the Over 35 Men Final, the former Central Coast Mariners and Western Sydney Wanderers player scoring four times and grabbing an assist as Como Jannali beat Southern & Ettalong United 5-0.

Como Jannali made their mark early, opening the scoring in the eighth minute. Brett Heffernan was the provider with a pinpoint cross from the right side, Dean Heffernan finishing with a crisp right footed volley.

Southern & Ettalong had a good chance almost straight from the restart, but Corwin Hooper fired wide from a good position.

It was 2-0 on 18 minutes after a quick Como Jannali throw released Dean Heffernan, who outran a defender before smashing the ball into the top corner.

Dean and Brett Heffernan both had good chances nine minutes later, then Dean Heffernan went direct for goal with a 35 yard free kick in the 37th minute, Southern & Ettalong goalkeeper Russell Hollick diving at full stretch to push the ball to safety.

Dean Heffernan became a creator on 40 minutes as Como Jannali made it 3-0, finding space on the right side and sending a low cross through to Stephen Keep, who finished from close range.

There was a brief moment where Southern & Ettalong threatened, Chris Netzler forcing a save from Adam Rojas’s free kick, however Como Jannali would have the last say before halftime. Dean Heffernan pounced on a loose ball in the 44th minute, firing a 20-yard bullet into the net to complete his hat trick and give his side a 4-0 halftime lead.

Hooper nearly pulled one back early in the second half, testing Como Jannali goalkeeper Murray Heslehurst from long range and having a follow up shot blocked by a defender.

Dean Heffernan wasn’t done though, and made it 5-0 just before the hour mark, tucking the ball away after getting on the end of Damian Cutcliffe’s through pass.

Despite the score line, Russell Hollick had a good game in the Southern & Ettalong goal, and he made several excellent saves in the second half, denying Brad Heffernan on a number of occasions. Southern & Ettalong had a good spell of pressure in the late stages of the match, and went closest to a goal 11 minutes from time when Liam Crothers drilled the ball through a crowd of players, but his effort was cleared off the line.

Match Stats

Como Jannali 5 (Dean Heffernan 8’ 18’ 44’ 59’, Stephen Keep 40’) vs Southern & Ettalong United 0

Como Jannali: 1. Murray HESLEHURST, 2. Michael KEEP, 5. Darren REYNOLDS, 6. Todd CALDERWOOD, 7. Dylan HUGHES, 8. Brett HEFFERNAN, 9. Mathew KEEP, 10. Brad HEFFERNAN, 11. Mark ELTON, 12. Damian CUTCLIFFE, 15. Andrew PAINE, 16. Nicholas REILY, 18. Ryan BUTLER, 19. Stephen KEEP, 22. Andrew HEAD, 23. Christopher CLARKE, 25. Joshua BULGIN, 26. Dean HEFFERNAN

Southern & Ettalong United FC: 1. Russell HOLLICK, 2. Greg MASTERS, 3. Jamie CRONIN, 4. Corwin HOOPER, 5. Joel WILKINSON, 6. David BRETT, 7. Lee EDWARDS, 8. Adam ROJAS, 9. Stephen DIBDEN, 10. Matthew THURLEY, 11. Liam CROTHERS, 12. Brett MILLWOOD, 13. Chad ATHERTON, 14. Chris NETZLER, 15. Brad GARNER, 16. Matthew GARNER, 17. Milton WATTS, 18. Matthew SHEPPARD

Over 45 Men

Inter Lions FC 1 v Hurstville City Minotaurs 1 (Minotaurs won 5-4 on penalties)

It’s a highlight of every Champion of Champions day and this clash didn’t disappoint as St George Football Association’s legendary outfit Hurstville City Minotaurs made it back to back tittles in the Over 45 men’s category with a penalty shootout victory over Inter Lions.

It was their third Champion of Champions title however the squad won in the Over 45’s category, making Peter ‘The General’ Sarikakis’ men one of the most prized teams of all time in the prestigious knockout competition.

But if were honest, it didn’t always look likely as despite peppering the Lions goal, the Minotaurs struggled to find the net taking them 68 minutes to find their breakthrough through Sam Panagakis.

For Inter, it will go down as an opportunity missed taking out the big guns, after taking the lead with the first chance of the game through Giuseppe Bartolillo. From then on, their counter attacks just wouldn’t click as their opposition racked up quite the shot count.

One shot, one goal. After an even five minutes, Inter Lions broke through. Showing class, Giuseppe Fedele found Giuseppe Bartolillo with plenty of space inside the box. Bartolillo then finished into the far side netting with a low drive.

It would then take them another 30 minutes for Adrian Ciscato to rack up another meaningful strike with plenty of chances being racked up at the other end. At this point we should mention Inter keeper Frank Mikuletic managed to produce many stunning saves including from the penalty spot to keep the lead in-tact going into the half time break.

After the resumption, it was noticeable that the games pattern had changed with Inter now creating chances of their own. Speaking of which Anthony Iancono came oh so close, not being able to apply a finish after a tremendous weaving run into the box.

The Lions were desperate with last ditch defence denying their more fancied opposition. It was going to take something special to breakthrough and that came through Panagakis who scored a wonderful first touch lobbed finish from outside the box on the right wing.

As the minutes ticked on, neither side were able to assert their dominance in the remainder of normal time as well as into extra time.

So, the match was to be decided by a penalty shootout of which was decided in sudden death fashion when Minotaurs stand-in keeper George Ganiatsas heroically saved a Paul Pettenon penalty that gave Sarikakis’ men along with captain courageous Peter Papoythis yet another title.

Sprinkled with quality across the pitch the likes of former NSL stars Angelo Petratos, Abbas Saad, Spiro Hantzis, Steve Karavatakis, Tom Pontidas, David Barrett, George Souris, Nick Plataniotis and Papoythis have made this team the invincibles.

Match Stats

Inter Lions FC 1 (Bartolillo 5’) v Hurstville City Minotaurs 1 (S. Panagakis 68’)

Minotaurs won 5-4 on penalties

Inter Lions FC: 1. Frank MIKULETIC, 2. Paul PETTENON, 3. Anthony IACONO, 4. Mark BUSETTO, 5. Mauro ROSELLI, 6. Giacomo VENEZIA, 7. Giuseppe BARTOLILLO, 8. Adrian CISCATO, 9. Ettore ALTERISIO, 10. Stephen LIPARI, 12. Anthony Gerard MURPHY, 13. Zeljko VLAJKOVIC, 14. David Gerard BURNS, 15. David GORGA, 16. Giuseppe FEDELE ©, 17. Patrick EVEREST, 18. Ennio MORSON, 20. Mauro MICCINATTI, 21. Joseph LOPANE.

Hurstville City Minotaurs: 1. George GANIATSAS, 2. Angelo PETRATOS, 3. George HAJITTOFI, 4. Peter PAPOYTHIS, 5. Gennadi SPIVAK, 6. John COSENTINO, 7. Abbas SAAD, 8. Spiro HANTZIS, 9. Steve KARAVATAKIS, 10. Tom PONTIDAS, 16. Harry CHRISTODOULOU, 19. David BARRETT, 22. Michael LARDIS, 38. George SOURIS, 13. Nick PLATANIOTIS, 15. Sam PANAGAKIS, 41. Sokratis AGIASOTIS.

-Reports written by Football NSW writers Nikola Pozder, Justin Davies, Justin Smith, Chris Curulli and Eric Subijano

Champion of Champions Results 2019


Dee Why FC (Manly) 4 v Kellyville Kolts (Hills) 0


Lindfield FC (Northern Suburbs) 5 v Auburn FC (Granville) 1


Banksia Tigers (St George) 0 v Lake Heights Junior FC (Football South Coast) 2


Arncliffe Aurora (St George) 4 v Greystanes FC (Granville) 0


Earlwood Wanderers (Canterbury) 3 v University of Wollongong JFC (Football South Coast) 0


Kemps Creek (Southern Districts) 2 v Narellan Rangers (Macarthur) 3


Lindfield FC (Northern Suburbs) 3 v Glenmore Park (Nepean) 4


Cronulla Seagulls (Sutherland) 3 v Epping Eastwood (Gladesville Hornsby) 2


Brookvale FC (Manly) 4 v WPH Cherrybrook (Gladesville Hornsby) 1


Como West Jannali (Sutherland) 5 v Southern & Ettalong United FC (Central Coast) 0


Inter Lions (Canterbury) 1 v Hurstville City Minotaurs (St George) 1 (Minotaurs won 5-4 on penalties)


Lilli Pilli (Sutherland) 1 v AC United (Southern Districts) 1 (AC United won 4-3 on penalties)


Avalon SC (Manly) 0 v Avoca FC (Central Coast) 3


BTH Raiders (Manly) 2 v Huskisson Vincentia (Shoalhaven) 0


Northbridge FC (Northern Suburbs) 7 v Bonnyrigg FC (Southern Districts) 1


Shellharbour Junior JFC (Football South Coast) 0 v Rouse Hill Rams (Hills) 1


Greystanes FC (Granville) 2 v Wollongong United (Football South Coast) 8


Southern & Ettalong United FC (Central Coast) 2 v Albion Park SC (Football South Coast) 9


Loftus Yarrawarrah (Sutherland) 2 v Pittwater RSL FC (Manly) 3

*NIKE is the official ball sponsor for the 2019 Champion of Champions Finals – click here to purchase your official NIKE match balls.