This information relates to the closure of two Sydney schools today due to students testing positive to Covid-19.
We have spoken to representatives from NSW Health regarding players who attend these schools and have been advised as follows:
Players who attend Freeman Catholic College at Bonnyrigg and Mary Immaculate Catholic Primary School at Bossley Park
- NSW Health has completed contact tracing at these schools and has identified students who are “close contacts”;
- Students identified by NSW Health as “close contacts” have been advised by NSW Health to self-isolate and get tested;
- Students and families at Mary Immaculate Primary School in Stage 3 who are currently self-isolating have been advised to continue isolating up to and including 7 August 2020;
- All other students are required to monitor for symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if they become symptomatic.
- any players who attend the above two schools who have been identified as “close contacts” and are self-isolating are not permitted to participate in football until they are no longer required by NSW Health to self-isolate;
- the teams that players who attend the above schools usually play in can continue to participate in football as usual, minus any players who are self-isolating;
- all players who attend the above schools can continue to participate in football as usual, except those who are required to self-isolate;
- players who are siblings of students in self-isolation are permitted to continue to participate in football as usual, unless advised by NSW Health to also self-isolate; and
- all players should continue to monitor for symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if they become symptomatic.
- Any player or other participant that feels unwell, has a fever, or cold or flu like symptoms, including a runny nose or scratchy throat are not to attend football and should self isolate and get tested.
- Any player who has attended a Covid-19 case location must follow the information provided on the NSW Health Covid-19 Case location webpage.
Football NSW will continue to provide updates at www.footballnsw.com.au/covid-19-information/
For further information visit the NSW Health website or phone the Service NSW 24 hour helpline on 13 77 88.