Futsal Premier League Open Men’s Semi-Finals Review

965x634 futsal PL SF preview and review 20233

It was tight, it was tense, it was thrilling, the Semi Finals of the Futsal Premier League Open Men’s competition delivered on it’s promise at Sydney Olympic Park on Saturday evening as Eastern Suburbs Hakoah Futsal Club and Mountain Majik booked their tickets to the big dance on Sunday.

Let’s check out the official semi-final review. 

Mascot Vipers 3-4 Eastern Suburbs Hakoah Futsal Club

Eastern Suburbs Hakoah prevailed 4-3 over Mascot Vipers in a high scoring thriller at Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls.

A game which came to life in the second half, Steve Tzanakes’ side pulled out to a two-goal lead on two separate occasions before holding on against the Vipers late pressure.

This one took a while to get going as the tension built steadily in the opening half with both sides set up well in defense/

That all changed after the break though with goals flowing on a regular basis. Daniel Fornito breaking the deadlock in the Vipers favour on 22 minutes bundling it home after a give and go with Peter Politis.

A response coming soon after through Robert Ezekial, his first time shot on the edge of the circle restoring parity.

Chances continuing to flow at either end before Hakoah took the initiative. Adam Paulsen with the ball across the face for James Reed to tap home from close range.

Their second coming in the same minute with Samuel Tzanakes finishing after taking the ball forward from his own half to make it 3-1.

Mascot Vipers then utilising a powerplay which saw them reduced the deficit through Nathan Niski who finished a Peter Politis through ball.

However, Hakoah quickly responded to that with a fourth goal, Samuel Tzanakes finishing from his own half this time to make it 4-2.

A late Peter Politis goal proving to be a consolation for the Vipers who couldn’t reel in Hakoah’s lead. The game finishing 4-3 in favour of Eastern Suburbs Hakoah.

Mountain Majik Futsal Club 3-1 Enfield Allstars

Mountain Majik took their season to the final game with a 3-1 victory over Enfield Allstars in a tension filled extra time victory.

For long periods, it was looking like it was going to end in frustrating fashion for the Majik as they came up against the best keeper in the league in Domenic Badolato. The two winning goals coming in the final period of extra time.

Believe it or not, the Majik scored with their first chance of the game through Jordan Guerreiro. Guerreiro firing home a freekick from just outside the area. The ball just sneaking in under the crossbar.

It was an even affair though with Enfield Allstars matching the Majik blow for blow at this stage, hitting the post/crossbar on multiple occasions.

Their equaliser coming after the breakthrough none other than Shervin Adeli, who snuck in at the back post to finish from a kick in on the left.

Adeli soon picking up a red card which changed the momentum with the Allstars clinging on thanks to multiple saves from Domenic Badolato.

That was until Jaidyn Dunn managed to break through in the 45th minute. Jamie Dib with the assist with Dunn finishing by lobbing the keeper.

Alexander Vlismas adding an exclamation point in the final minute to send them to a well-earned grand final appearance.

By Justin Smith